Well contrary to popular belief, Stephen and I have not fallen off the face of the planet nor have we defected to a remote corner of the world where the internet does not exist. Over the last year and a half since our last post, our lives have been beyond eventful and any spare time for writing blog posts has been channeled towards other things….like watching Chopped or sleeping.
This past year has been one of both feast (mostly feast) and famine – but now that we are on the upswing and our life trajectory is starting to fall in to place we’re excited to share some of what has been going on.
- We bought our farm!
- We’ve expanded our bee hives, plus all of our hives made it through this winter.
- I have my first closet in 7 years, and it is our house’s first “real” closet in its 120 year history.
- Stephen has had several articles published in different magazines and has a great new job working with farmers in our county.
- Over the summer we nearly lost Quigley, one of our favorite hens.
- We did loose two bee hives through the winter of 2012/13 which put a big dent in our honey production.
- A couple of family medical hiccups.
- We had a skunk incident that probably left us both scarred for life and smelling hideous for months.
- The plumbing in our old house has a mind of its own – meaning you have to do some weird stuff just to get the toilet to flush on occasion.
So, hopefully, we’re back – we have lots of stories to tell, with plenty of laughs for all.